View Single Post

Old 12-17-2015, 05:22 AM

Liked 7,749 Times in 2,127 Posts

Although I have worked in environments where indeed I had every handgun available, including when I operated my design studio, Nichols Innovation, nevertheless I'm not suggesting that every maker needs to own every pistol. Instead I'm saying that prior to production, every model of every design needs to be evaluated with the real pistol. To this end, a small maker in USA can make an arrangement with a local gunshop to have pistol in hand.

In the end that means, just because one can get a plastic blue gun or a cast aluminium one, doesn't mean that it is enough for both maker and user to deploy that holster in a life and death environment. Personally, as I said in my original,post, I have mine tested in USA because I have no access to pistols here in Oz.

And I'm between evaluators now, so I can introduce no new models nor add any new pistol fitments until I fix that. So, bottom line, I do without. It's been several years now since my friend Michael Punzone at High Noon died, and my arrangement with Josh Bossart failed after interference from the folks at Milt Sparks.

What does this have to do with forum members? Hard won experience says that there are plenty of big and small makers out there who are using only moulds and no real pistols in design and manufacture, and that's risky for you. And likely not a risk that you realise you're taking. Nor do they, until a widow takes them to court with a motivated personal injury lawyer.

Last edited by rednichols; 12-17-2015 at 05:30 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: