View Single Post

Old 12-18-2015, 12:25 PM

Liked 11,464 Times in 3,546 Posts
Default Model 442-1 barrel misaligned-update post#9

Recently received a new model 442-1 and the barrel is misaligned, under-rotated, canted. Whatever the correct terminology is for this issue.

As a result, the gun shoots about 2 inches left at 7 yards. Not a big deal for a back up gun, I guess.

I'm wondering though how a new gun could undergo a thorough inspection and examination, including a test firing, and leave the factory with a canted barrel? The gun is very nice otherwise. Fit and finish are good, carries up, cylinder alighnment is fine, etc

I know we have discussed this "ad infinitum" here on the forum.... and that defects like this occurr among all revolver manufacturers. My question is, wouldn't it be more cost effective to check and repair this defect prior to the gun leaving the factory than having to remedy the problem by having the gun buyer return the gun for a warranty repair?

Seems a much easier solution to fix prior to sale. This would lessen the burden on Customer Service, and would help eliminate the risk of alienating what could be a "life long" buyer with a problem right out of the box.

Plan on sending it in for repair right after the Christmas break.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0523a.jpg (126.2 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0520a.jpg (42.0 KB, 224 views)

Last edited by armorer951; 01-12-2016 at 08:29 PM.