View Single Post

Old 12-19-2015, 07:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,346 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth1 View Post
Regardless of what anyone says here there's a problem. Not so much with the RSA failing but the fact that there doesn't seem to be any readily available. I get the fact that things aren't perfect & sometimes there might be a part failure on anything.

I have a problem with any part not being available on a currently produced item-especially a wear part that has had past failures. Glock recommends replacing the RSA's in their pistols at regular intervals depending on round count and guess what you can buy them off Amazon.

I bought a Shield last summer. Right now no problem, but I am sorry I didn't purchase another brand & will be selling it. It seems that S&W may be more concerned with making a million pistols. I'd feel differently if that OEM part were readily available. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't really care.
So... Their have been a couple Dozen RSA problems over several years, but you have a problem with RSAs being back ordered, due to everyone getting spooked over those few RSA posts and buying spares (even though they probably wouldn't need them for thousands of round down the road).

YOURS has been problem free (like the 900K+ others out there), but because a part is back ordered, you're sorry you didn't buy something else and are planning on selling yours?
Would you feel better if several Hundred RSAs, or several Thousand RSAs had failed, but there were plenty of Spare RSAs in stock to be had?
Seems kinda Bass Ackwards, but to each his own, I guess.

Last edited by RobzGuns; 12-19-2015 at 07:18 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: