View Single Post

Old 12-21-2015, 01:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bodyguard problems

I'll keep this as short as I can.

I got the BG sans laser new in July. I took it to shoot right away and only got through less than a box of shells before it stovepiped an unfired round, nose up. Ammo was Perfecta. I cleaned it, tried again, and got 4 stovepipes in the next 100 rounds and a few failures to lock back. I had the mags numbered and it happened with both. I also tried multiple grips to make sure it wasn't me.

Sent it to SW. There was no diagnosis listed in the paperwork (per the rep that's not uncommon), but they replaced the slide and barrel. That seemed significant to me.

Picked it up Saturday, went to the range with the rest of my Perfecta and three boxes of Tulammo steel (not the best choice, I know), and I got through the 45 rounds of Perfecta ok. Got a couple mags into the Tula and it stovepiped again. I ran two more mags and had two additional failures to lock back.

I've googled this and have seen some people mentioning it, but I don't know if it's a significant amount or not.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or know what's wrong? I know the Tula isn't great, but it's happened with decent Perfecta in batches purchased 3 months apart as well. I know several BG owners but none of them have put more than a box of shells through it. Anyone here have any helpful info that has put a decent amount of rounds through their BG? I've got 6 stovepipes and at least 6 lockback failures in about 325 rounds so far. I really like this gun. I shoot it well, but if I can't trust it to carry I don't have a reason to own it.

So much for keeping this story short..