View Single Post

Old 12-22-2015, 04:57 PM

Liked 2,082 Times in 606 Posts

Walking around town today, I only saw one Model 10 and all the rest were Glocks and CZ's. I believe that a new purchase of sidearms is being made and that they'll be more G-17's. There is talk of arming the Traffic Police -- should they want to be armed -- and giving them the Model 10's. That is not definite but is being discussed and I know about it because the revolver training would be done on our gunrange by our Club members I suspect. Why else would they tell me?

Issue loads here would be the 124 grain Aguila JRN in 9 m.m. and in .38 Special the most common would be the Aguila 130 grain FMJ loading although if an officer bought his own (most unlikely) he could obtain the Aguila 158 grain RNL through the local sporting goods store.

Although you need to have a registered sidearm to buy ammo here in Mexico (and be able to prove it with your registration permit), Police Officers who are "known" are often sold ammo and then the purchase is accredited to someone else who actually has a permit (like me, for instance)*.

Police sidearms are registered to the Department as part of a "lot" and are not registered to the Officer who has to draw his sidearm when he comes on duty and turn it back in when he (or she) goes off duty. Rarely would the same sidearm be drawn. The system is so bad that I believe no comment is necessary as all of you are completely capable of seeing all the downsides to this amount of draconian control.

All semi-autos are carried in Condition 3. There are still not enough sidearms to go around as the department is growing under the new administration (the old administration appears to have sold-off some of the firearms and perhaps pocketed the money?) and today I saw a North American Woman with her leashed poodle beratting an Officer for walking the main streets with a Semi-Auto M-4 style rifle. He obviously couldn't understand a word she was saying as she blabbered away in English about how bad the image of an Officer armed with an Assault Rifle in quaint little San Miguel presented to the tourists. He stood there, obviously mystified as to what the heck was going on as she naively complained to a man whose empty holster might have indicated to a thinking person that he had the rifle because it was that or nothing.

I did not know the officer, he had to be one of the new ones so I did not even bother to intervene. Besides, I've already learned about the dangers of coming between silly Gringas and their poodles and their immediate access to Social Media. Perhaps I should have, but I doubt she'll be here long anyway. The Poodle crowd never lasts but they do keep replacing themselves.

*The girls in the Deportes Aces ask the older, well-known Club members if it's okay to now-and-then sell a box of shells to Police Officers under our permits. My opinion is, they'll probably do it anyway, so I just tell them to go ahead. The level of local forensics is like they'll ask "me or one of the other guys what kind of bullet it that?" Nobody writes down lot numbers or stuff like that, they just "tick off" a box of shells sold to so-and-so. In theory, only 200 shells a month can be accredited to any one registration but all of us turn in all of our registrations (and most of us actually reload anyway) so that's a few thousand shells a month that can float around out there to help the cause -- or not.

My personal opinion is that trying to control objects is a waste of time. If "they" could account for all the nuclear bombs ever made, I'd maybe have more faith in the idea but they can't so trying to control bullet-purchases is just insane. In my opinion.

Last edited by calmex; 12-22-2015 at 05:07 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: