View Single Post

Old 12-22-2015, 11:00 PM

Liked 4,625 Times in 1,698 Posts
Default Rethinking some carry decisions

Recently I read a story about a couple returning home in their SUV with their two young children. When the husband got out he was confronted by a neighbors pit bull that had escaped the yard. As the pit bull charged, the husband got off a round from his ccw, striking the dog, which then ran around the man...and jumped into the open door of the vehicle! Fortunatelly, the wife was also carrying, and seeing her husband draw, she did as well. Good thing too, because as the pit jumped in she raised her J frame and fired, with the dogs mouth around the barrel. The dog fell in the drivers side floor well and lay there...breathing heavy. After a few seconds he then jumped back up, at which time the wife emptied her revolver, puting the dog down for good.

Locally we have had two cases (that I know of) over the last few months, where people have been attacked by four or more pit bulls. One, the brutal mauling death of a 4 yr old boy by four pits. You may have seen this story on the news. The other, a jogger who was attacked by 12 pit bulls, losing an eye, his left arm below the elbow, and both legs below the knee.
Studies show that there are approximatelly 250,000 pitbulls in the local area, and growing.

This got me to thinking about how I would fare against even ONE pit bull with either of my current edc's - a Model 60 and/or Bodyguard 380. And if there were MORE than one...well. Most likelly there would be no time for reloading before I was bitten or mauled. I'm giving serious thought to resuming carry of my glock 23 and a spare mag.

Last edited by Protected One; 12-22-2015 at 11:06 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: