View Single Post

Old 12-23-2015, 01:36 PM

Liked 686 Times in 357 Posts
Default Except, perhaps, when it isn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALADIN85020 View Post
As the owner of a Pit Bull mix, I'd have to say that any Pit Bull attack is more the fault of the owner rather than the dog. Raised with love and affection, a Pit Bull will return it with all his heart. There is no more loyal and affectionate breed extant. They were originally bred to protect children, and served in that capacity very well.

Left to be street dogs, or trained for fighting, they can be formidable.

Here in Phoenix, we have a leash law - dogs that run free will get their owners a heavy fine.

This is a picture of our dog Joe, who could not be any sweeter to us, family and friends. If you are introduced to him by us, he will be your friend for life, as he does not forget. By the same token, he's an excellent alarm dog, and I'm certain if we were threatened by a human, he'd go to bat for us.

The secret to a well-behaved Pit Bull is how the owner treats him. Just because a dog is a "pitty" doesn't make him bad. There are bad humans, too - and THAT's why I carry.

John

Spirited Logan girl inspires others after tragic pit bull attack | Logan Hj | news.hjnews.com

Granted, we don't know all of the story - Just what the article portrays.

I also know that it's not just pitbulls but any canine can turn. My dog is as lovable as they come but I'm always cognizant that a random factor could make him snap.