View Single Post

Old 12-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Banned

Liked 22,838 Times in 10,553 Posts
Thumbs up I wasnt aware that open carry was allowed in as many as 45 States

I read yesterday on some slanted yahoo posted news story which was talking about Texas and open carry. As usual, the antis were out in full force showing their lack of knowledge and vast amounts of stupidity.

That said, I didn't know that all but 5 States allowed open carry. I knew at least 35 or so did. Anyway, Texas is the 45th to have it. The exceptions are (as listed in the article) Calif, illinois, New York, South Carolina and the one that surprised me was that FLORIDA was the other.

Texas has roughly 826,000 (as per article) CCLs here as of 2014, and I highly suspect tens of thousands more now. Texas (as per the article) also has the highest number of Fed Firearms Licensed dealers and gun manufacturers in the country.

This kinda surprises me but, Austin Police will not check people for their licenses to carry due to possible and probable harassment lawsuits.

One thing I forgot to mention some time ago in someone else's thread, is that currently and locally in my area--probably as well in other places, that every local CCL class, are fully booked through Feb and probably into March.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: