View Single Post

Old 12-27-2015, 08:23 PM

Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyflake View Post
Here in Southern Nevada, it's not unusual to see someone open carrying, even when shopping in a food market. Don't get me wrong, it is very legal, but still very limited. Hell, today, I was at a Best Buy and there were two cowboy types, probably from the rodeo circuit in town, open carrying western style hand guns.

Actually, I see it more now days, than I did a couple of years back. I even open carry, on rare occasions, but I much prefer concealed carry.
Living in Las Vegas (moving to Henderson this summer) has its OC challenges if one chooses to do so.
Although by law someone can OC among the throng of tourists on or around The Strip, it's highly recommended to not do so. The potential headaches about the same tourists calling 911 on you isn't worth it.

One of the more troubling sights I saw was at a local Walmart. There was a guy in his mid to late 20's OCing a 1911 in a nylon one-size-fits-all holster. No magazine in and hammer-down.

On the sightly humorous side, if you ever go to Pahrump you'll see a multitude of people exercising their right to OC. Of course, they're all from out of state (more than likely Californians) attending the classes at Front Sight. The only locals that you'll see OCing are the FS instructors on their way to or from teaching.
The Following User Likes This Post: