View Single Post

Old 12-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Banned

Liked 22,838 Times in 10,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
A follow-up question regarding open carry. Are individual municipalities permitted to ban open carry while its state government permits it? I ask because [I think I just discovered that Montana permits open carry] Missoula, for example, is a heavily progressive municipality that invariably votes for Democratic Party candidates while the remainder of Missoula County does not. In the real world municipalities that are politically similar to Missoula are likely to restrict or ban open carry - or any carry.
Nope, they can't. Our Atty Gen--Paxton, already said if certain areas try? that THEY will be breaking the law and subject to prosecution--and he already said he will back the citizen to the fullest. Here, our county idiots tried to ban guns in county buildings but, Paxton said they would then be breaking the law. Next day, they changed their tune. Now, the only area in the courthouse that carrying isn't permitted, is in the courtroom. That makes perfect sense to me. The only other places that will not allow guns, are any establishment who's sales of alcohol exceed 51%. The only area business that's already said they aren't allowing of, is the H.E.B. grocery store chain. So far, nobody else locally, has come out banning of in their establishments.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: