View Single Post

Old 12-28-2015, 11:25 PM

Liked 85 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhacker View Post
Interesting how the opinions run from just wax and use it, to pull out the stops and doll it up.

Given the price paid and internal condition... it's not really a slam dunk really don't need to give a hoot "as-is" shooter.

I myself, if in the same situation, would look upon it as a cheap, blank canvas, and a opportunity to be able do something that I've always thought about or wanted to do, but not willing to sacrifice one of my better (more expensive) guns as a "donor" for the project.

If you have the bucks to devote to it, and an interest in it other than just a vehicle to send lead down range... why not turn this sow's ear into a silk purse... or at least a denim one.

Given the price you paid due to it's storied history, that includes a rescue from summarily being thrown in a dumpster ??!!! The playing field on what to do with it is wide open...
Exactly, Its a M29 regardless, I would never spend the money on a new, perfect or old collectable. This one just kind of fell into my lap, I never knew I wanted or needed one until it did! It just seems wrong to leave it ugly, I know it will shoot the same but I would like it to be presentable. I have until tax return time to mull it over. I love the S&W polished blue look, but also the durability of the Metalife finish also. I can't go wrong either way I guess! I'm glad nobody has cried "Heresy!" yet. Thanks.