View Single Post

Old 12-29-2015, 02:14 AM

Liked 1,751 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aticus View Post
I see several pictures of kids with a gun but none with the gun actually firing. I have several of my Grandson posed with an EMPTY gun and he is not wearing shooting glasses. I also have several with the gun actually firing, those have shooting glasses.

It strikes me as a shame that when a person proudly shows his/her kids/grandkids enjoying the shooting sports someone has to find fault. Accept the revelations for what they are and be happy our passions are being passed to a new generation.

Sorry for the rant but I see this waaaayyyyy too often.
I see having eye and ear protection as a big deal. That's just my opinion and at the end of the day it's up to the individual to make there own choice. A very good friends son almost lost an eye shooting. He was with dad shooting his .22 rifle when the round ricocheted and hit him in the corner of his eye. The boy was VERY lucky they saved his eye and vision.

This thread is not about eye protection and what not, it's about the kids enjoying themselves. I've apologized and sorry for spoiling a very nice moment. In the future I won't be as brash to make comments like that, and keep them to myself. Again I apologize, and hope the kids and grandpa enjoy shooting for many many years. It's a great way to bond.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: