View Single Post

Old 12-30-2015, 09:25 PM

Liked 709 Times in 178 Posts

Had a lizard encounter about a month ago. I had picked a nice used Cooper 7mm-08, bolt gun at a great price and mounted up a Kahles scope and it was off to the range to sight it in. I set up a 100 yard target with a array of 1" orange dots. Had it dialed in to a nice three shot group about 3" above the bullseye in short order.

Then I proceeded to shoot four, MOA groups at 3" above point of aim. Perfect! When the line went cold I pulled my target and began packing up. Then here comes the lizard creeping toward me.

He ask how I shot and i said take a look and I pointed to my target. He took a look and shook his head. Told me my rifle was shooting high and that he could help me get it centered on target. I told him that it is shooting right where I wanted to, he just shook his head and said, "Well, to each his own but I sure feel sorry for any deer you take a shot" and walked away.

My first thought was not "Range Lizard", it was a different string of words. Seems like there is always a Range Lizard, Mall Ninja or a Tactical Guy giving advice on everything guns.

On the flip side, I learned most of what I know from sincere club members that offered real help and advice and none of the self serving bovine droppings.
The Following User Likes This Post: