View Single Post

Old 12-31-2015, 10:17 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,115 Times in 1,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
A lot of folks belittle the 32 S&W Long as too puny for self defense... I would only say to them "don't stand in front of someone who is shooting one!" This is a good all around revolver that can provide hours of plinking fun and is also useful for basic self defense. Yes I have one in my CCW rotation, a post-War snubbie. If you reload (and especially if you also cast your own bullets) this may well be the cheapest thing you can shoot! I agree with JohnK that a good cleaning and a coat of RenWax or other paste type wax and appearance will be fine and if your evaluation of mechanical condition is correct (have a gunsmith check it if you don't trust your own experience/judgement on this) you should be ready to take it through its centennial years and beyond. Congrats.

Froggie

PS I've got an old Ideal tong tool to load this caliber... makes for the completely simple but fun pastime of reloading on the cheap anywhere I want to do it!
I am into this one about $150, shipped late Summer of 1910, although still a second model. This one easily goes through a 2 x 4 (1 1/2"), so one would think it would be more than adequate for self defence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141109_113211.jpg (101.6 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by mrcvs; 12-31-2015 at 10:18 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: