View Single Post

Old 01-06-2016, 01:41 PM

Liked 28,200 Times in 8,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabo View Post
I knew when I posted this that people like Willco know more about me than I do myself. I have shoot lots of steel challenge, IPSC pistol and three gun, combat shotgun, sporting clays, and I know how to shoot.

I think it is pretty ridiculous for someone to tell me I bought the wrong gun. If your sights do not line up, you need to do something to make them line up. The gun needs to shoot where you are looking.

Low and left is common if you are milking the trigger. My point was that when I was gripping the gun, there was a misalignment of the sights, not while I was shooting. Read the post guys.
I don't think anyone was being intentionally mean. There are lot of people on this forum who have taught a lot of other people to shoot very well for a lot of years, and yours is the first post I've ever read that corrected a sight picture with masking tape on the grip of the weapon. The message they were trying to impart is that the proper correction to this issue is a proper grip. Unless you have some sort of physical deformity that prevents a proper shooting grip, it's a relatively simple issue to correct. In my humble opinion, what you have done is akin to a physician treating the symptom of a disease and not the cause. If it works for you, that's fine, but it's an unusual solution.