View Single Post

Old 01-09-2016, 10:17 PM

Liked 2,560 Times in 1,010 Posts

I thought that the article was very well written & that the author made a great deal of sense in his line of thinking. The same train of thought is why even 30 plus years ago, several police dept's required DA only equipped revolvers... or required any duty revolver or pistol that could be fired SA... to have a minimum of 4 lbs. to 4 1/2 lb SA pull...

One of my old duty guns, a Browning High Power has a 6 lb. trigger pull... and I'm quite happy with it.... Back in the early 90's I had picked up an old C series Colt 1911A1...when I got it, it had a trigger shoe installed.. one of the first things I did was to remove that trigger shoe.. for I was very worried about having accidental/negligent discharges with it... whether on the range or on duty...it just flat out took up too much room in the trigger guard.

Back in the late 1970's, one of my B-I-L's had a justified use of deadly force incident... He did bond out & eventually went to trial on a 1st degree murder charge. By the time all was said & done, he'd acquired $85,000.00 in legal fees & the jury was out less than 10 minutes.... in his closing statement, the prosecutor alluded to the fact that he was using one of the strongest handguns made, a .45ACP, & that few could survive a wound from one. What that had to do with whether or not it was a justifiable shooting I've never been able to figure out...