View Single Post

Old 01-10-2016, 06:42 PM

Liked 90 Times in 28 Posts

Multitasker Ultralight.

The Multitasker Ultralight is a sweet designed tool, and is, I think, the precursor to the Emerson/Multitasker collaborations. The idea was to take the plier based Multitasker, and remove the pliers to make something more portable. I personally really like this tool. I did a look and noticed that this tool is no longer in production and thus was discontinued around 2012. I suppose there was no reason to compete with their collaborative Emerson efforts.

This is the desert Tan version of the Ultralight.

The Ultralight had plenty of attention to details. For instance, there is a complexity to the locking mechanisms. One end of the tool features liner locks, included one side with a neat finger saddle to aid in unlocking the dental pick.

The other end features a pair of lock backs,

he Ultralight offers you a lanyard loop, or a built in pocket clip.

Here is the more common black version.

You could also buy a sheath with the tool. Might I add, the Multitasker sheaths are also of high quality. Speaking about quality, Multitasker tools are very high precision tools with billeted parts, bronze washers between tools, and plenty of attention to details.

Summary:

Pro:
- If you don't need pliers, this is a great little AR tool.
- High Quality, like all Multitasker products.
- Designed to work with an OTIS or similar cleaning kit.
- 4 prong sight tool is removable, doubling up as a 1/4" driver.

Cons:
I can't seriously think of any, other than possibly losing the removable sight tool...but at least the magnet is strong...so this won't come off without some help.