View Single Post

Old 01-10-2016, 07:50 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 6,481 Times in 3,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJelly View Post
.....the labels....are fairly easy to replicate.....
Do you have a method of removing the existing label without damaging the box, or would you look for original boxes on eBay with no label. Those are fairly common.

BTW, boxes marked with the LSI logo were only used for a brief period of time, during a certain era. Even a perfect fake can be easily detected if other details are wrong. During it's approx. 10 years of use, there are dozens of little "tells" on the S&W one-piece box, different in each era, if you know what to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout II View Post
T... It has taken me a very long time to collect these 3" guns. ....
It's a great collection of guns, and maybe it was unintentional, but it's also a great collection of factory STOCKS! You've got Combats, Magnas, Round Butt Checkered Targets, and the allusive, rarely seen, Round Butt Smooth Targets.

Do you have a favorite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
....Here is the Box for said Mountain Gun above.....
IMO that's not the original box. 99.9% certainty. Here's why....
1.) In 1996, when your gun was made, it would of shipped in a 1st gen blue plastic box. I've seen many 130045 like yours. Some with CAY s/n's. They all shipped in 1996 and they were all in a blue plastic box. There was also a very similar -6 100932 made in 1997, seen with CCF s/n's.

2.) The Spec. Ord. number isn't right for your gun. Neither 1992 or 2002 work. I don't think the 130045 was made in 1992, and a 2002 gun would have the lock and be a -9. Your gun is a -6, isn't it?

3.) Someone has partially ripped the label off in order to obscure the s/n and product code. That didn't happen by accident. Those labels are affixed with the "mother of all glue". They don't just fall off, and are impossible to remove without irrevocably damaging the box. (Your box is submitted as evidence to that).