View Single Post

Old 01-12-2016, 11:06 PM

Liked 2,433 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprher View Post
Not long ago I picked up this Les Baer Thunder Ranch, a model I've owned in the past but did not keep. I have not spent a dime on it, just slicked up the trigger pull a bit to help it settle in. Loaded up some duty level reloads (200 grain SWC with 4.1 grains of Vit N310) and broke the gun in as recommended by Baer. By the time 300 rounds were down range it was as slick as any 1911 I'd ever owned and now with 500 rounds down range it's even better. The safety was initially very hard to engage and now both on and off are perfect. Bought is NIB for $1750.

Keith
This model is the exact model that turned me on to Custom 1911s back in the late 1990s. I was looking at a Kimber, and I really liked it (I ended up getting one) and the guy behind the counter was like, yes that Kimber is good but Ck this out, it is a Les Baer Thunder Ranch. It was very, very tight, as all Baers are, but holy heck, did this thing feel like a Catchers Mitt on my hand, and point unlike anything I have ever held. It was excellent.

Maybe someday I will get one.

Last edited by Tom_R; 01-12-2016 at 11:13 PM.