View Single Post

Old 01-13-2016, 03:06 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc44 View Post
Your 28-2 is not one of the fifty plus with a brushed nickel finish that was shipped in 1972 (I have all of the serial numbers). These revolvers did not have an N stamped on the cylinder or grip frame. They were not salesman's samples as they were shipped to several distributors. A letter is the only way you can verify the original finish on your Highway Patrolman.

Bill
Thanks this is the info I was looking for. To address the question about the side cover screws they're both nickel. And those are not file marks on the butt of the gun, it has to be in the forging of the gun. Also I noticed the vise marks on the frame also. I know at some point it had the shoe put on the trigger, the orange front sight and trigger job done so they could of been from that. If the gun was indeed refinished whoever did it, did a heck of a job. The pistol has been in our family since around 94' when my grandfather bought it from the original owner. He had known of the gun 10 years prior to purchasing it so it must of been refinished when it was fairly new.

Last edited by liletrailersales; 01-13-2016 at 03:07 PM.