View Single Post

Old 01-15-2016, 11:22 AM

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

John,

The 10-1926 stamped on the end of the barrel, located just behind the sight, is the manufacture date of the rifle, though most likely it refers to the original M1 iteration, prior to its conversion to an M2. I have an M1922M1 (it may actually be stamped M1922M11, I can't remember), its manufacture date (as evidenced by the barrel marking) is 7-1926; its serial number is 77xx, with no prefix or suffix.

I haven't pulled mine out of the safe for a long time, but you have piqued my interest enough to dig it out at the next opportunity and take another look. I do recall that mine also has the original Lyman sight (a 48B, I think), the original magazine (I don't recall the marking on it) as well as the M1907 leather sling.

I will take another look at mine shortly, and will subsequently verify/update the above information about it.

I picked mine up a few years ago for $200 and am curious how much you paid for yours, though I understand your reticence to divulge it (perhaps you can PM me?). I only did a small amount of research when I initially acquired my specimen, then locked it away. I'd be very interested in hearing what you find out yours is worth.

Thanks for posting!

-Dave