View Single Post

Old 01-16-2016, 10:29 AM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ 1971 View Post
So why shouldn't I want another one?
Coming from someone who used to own a 4595TS. I did the same. I farkled mine up. Hi-Point's aren't bad firearms. They are reliable. They went bang every time I pulled the trigger. As long as I kept up my marksmanship end of the equation, they are both precise and accurate.

Proof below:

I also thought it would be great to have a pistol caliber carbine and a pistol that used the same mags.

My single gripe is magazine capacity. In 9mm and 40 S.W. it's 10 rounds. In .45 ACP (which I used to own), it's 9-rounds. Keeping both as emergency weapons securely stowed in my vehicle's trunk, I had a total of 20 rounds of .45 ACP (transitioning between carbine and pistol) before I am forced to reload. While magazine capacity isn't an issue on a one-way range, it is a concern of mine if I'm ever on a two-way range.

My other train of logical thought is that if I am in a situation that is so bad that I must deploy an impossible to conceal long gun in public, then that long gun should be a rifle cartridge caliber carbine so that I have every advantage possible.

Last edited by JaPes; 01-16-2016 at 10:32 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: