View Single Post

Old 01-19-2016, 04:16 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
We'll see how it goes. With luck, I'll be at the range tomorrow afternoon. I'll try it with a couple pistols and report back on my results.
Okay, I'm back from the range, and the results for Perfecta .45 ACP ammo for me were...

Mixed. Or maybe "inconclusive" is a better word.

I tried the Perfecta ammo in three range-owned guns:

1) Sig P220 - Worst shooting I have ever done with this particular pistol (a personal favorite). Hard to explain unless it was the ammo. Still, no malfunctions of any kind. Tried some WWB ammo to compare and I did noticeably better with it.

2) Remington 1911 - This has been a buggy gun generally, but it supposedly had been fixed. I had multiple failures to feed but I acknowledge it could have been the gun, not the ammo. Accuracy, when it did fire, was not too good (about as bad as the P220). Tried the WWB ammo and it did better but not by a whole lot.

3) S&W M&P45 - To my surprise, 15 rounds of Perfecta with no malfunctions and all in the bullseye. There went my assessment that the Perfecta ammo sucked right out the window.

So should I buy more Perfecta or not?

I'm probably not going to buy more right away. I want to try some equally inexpensive PPU brand which I'll buy at a show on the 30th. After that, I'll make a judgement and go with whatever makes the most sense. My options for range use are WWB, Federal, Herter's, Perfecta or PPU.
The Following User Likes This Post: