View Single Post

Old 01-20-2016, 08:31 PM

Liked 10,148 Times in 2,107 Posts

I have one Remora for an XDs 3.3 and not sure if it is because of XDs short overall length or my particular body shape, 6'-5" 285 #, a little tire around the middle 😖, and wearing jeans, tee and/or flannel shirt with 1-1/2" gun belt. I have had 2 instances of the holster working up and falling to the ground in over 6 months of trying the Remora. I am LH and was wearing the holster at 7-8 o'clock. Luckily in both instances was on my property while doing chores, and the holster falling on grass. I also tried the Remora as an AIWB, but the spare tire makes that uncomfortable 😛 especially when sitting with any IWB. I have used a Mika for pocket carry for years and the Remora serves well for pocket carry also. I am now uncomfortable trying anything IWB without a clip to provide additional security. Trying a FOXX hybrid IWB now, but it is not as easily put on/off as a single clip, but noted that way on the FOXX website. But it is comfortable for all day wear! ☺ I also have a single clip IWB leather eBay holster, which works well, but not as comfortable as the FOXX for all day wear, but secure and easy on/off. OWB seems to work best, but prefer IWB for carry in today's circumstances.
As noted by many others the holster stash grows, and that isn't necessarily bad!