View Single Post

Old 01-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
A grand for a very nice one, maybe. A grand for a beat to hell one? No thanks. And where's the history? Did it storm the beaches of Normandy, or guard dirty underwear in a Quonset hut at Fort Dix?

PT Barnum was right. There is a sucker born every minute.
There are lots of collectors and shooters who are members of this forum.

I reckon we're all "suckers" because we're willing to spend our money on something we want...is that right?

Good thing I don't listen to what a bunch of people around here say or I'd never buy another gun long as I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
Well cross one of my wish-list guns off. It would be nice to have a 1911 from the CMP, but the $1K starting price is a turn off.
Mark my words, $1K will end up being a bargain.

Just for an example, there's a WWII Remington Rand for sale online somewhere. It's in decent shape, even though it does have a noticeable "idiot scratch" and some other marks on it. It also has what collectors refer to as a "Type 2" slide, although it isn't mentioned in the description. You have to know what you're looking at. They're somewhat hard to find. Some people have apparently noticed the slide, because this pistol will definitely sell for well over $1600, because it hasn't even closed yet.

There's no telling just what might come up among all these CMP pistols.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: