View Single Post

Old 01-23-2016, 02:37 PM

Liked 330 Times in 150 Posts

I don't know. Why is it I can only remember the one that got away and not my best deal.

I was just getting into the Model 41 and actually had one..maybe I had my second by then. Anyway, I wasn't really looking for any more and attended my first live auction - not really expecting any deals.

Anyway, I saw a Model 41 in good shape, not great, but clean and I'd be happy with one in that condition and I'm picky. 22 Short, eh, I want one that shoots standard 22lr. Well, we'll see what it goes for. It runs up to $700 and sold. Ok, so it went for about I would pay for a 41 at the time, so no harm. Oh...wait, the 22 short versions were selling for north of $2,000. I HAD my iPhone, why didn't I Google the damn thing! Ugh....

Probably my best value was my Makarovs. I bought one online and had it shipped to the dealer. When I went to pick it up, he had two more in the case. $210 each. I seriously think that's a heck of a deal for these pistols. I know folks got them cheaper before then, but I was pretty happy at the time.

Bought a really nice, older Remington 870 for $150 from a home dealer.