View Single Post

Old 01-24-2016, 10:24 AM

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

First, find a gun savvy and knowledgable friend to help you select a pistol to train with.....shoot with him for a while to get the feel of shooting, see if you really like it. You will!

Next purchase a holster, mag pouch, extra mags, a good belt, good ear and eye protection and sign up for a basic course at a reputable range. This should give you the basics about gun handling, drawing from a holster, malfunctions, etc.

After this sign up for a more "advanced" training course....you're in Ohio so I would highly recommend TDI, they offer a 3 day course and a more advanced 4 day course. I believe the 3 day also meets the requirements for an Ohio CCW....I have taken these courses and they are well worth the money. Book well in advance as these courses fill up quickly.

The 8 hour course required for the Ohio CCW is not really adequate training for a beginner, if you're serious about becoming proficient advanc d training is a must.

I'm also in Ohio and am an NRA certified instructor. Feel free to contact me if I can provide any direction or answer your questions. I won't help you spend your $$$, my advice is free.

Good luck with your new undertaking.
The Following User Likes This Post: