View Single Post

Old 01-28-2016, 07:16 PM

Liked 83 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
Maybe Randy @ Apex gives S&W a kickback. It's the perfect symbiotic relationship.

I have several M&P's and every one has a fair to very good trigger and every one of them goes bang when I pull it. We are living in the era of "it's the gun, not me". Whether that's a poor group at the the range or someone shooting the floor of the bathroom (or their own leg). When I started shooting my first instructor made me dry fire a Ruger P94 DAO with an extremely heavy trigger spring. Said it would both increase my finger strength and make the S&W 5904 DA trigger feel light and smooth. It did just that. I wonder if nowadays if every gun should come with a free hand exerciser. Yes, my competition and fun guns have Apex sears. Love 'em. But my duty gun, my home defense gun and my off duty carry guns all have that awesome 6# trigger. Wish it was 7.5# or so, but I train enough to not let stress & adrenaline overwhelm me. Many apex equipped M&P owners can't say the same thing.
I agree with that. I started wanting a really accurate range gun. The C.O.R.E. 40cal with the 6+lbs has been relegated to being a duty, home defense. The 9mm with the great trigger will be strictly a range gun.