View Single Post

Old 02-01-2016, 04:23 PM

Liked 22,768 Times in 5,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed333 View Post
I am new to 627s, is it worth the extra money to get one of the PC models as opposed to the 627 Pro? I am an older plate and steel challenge shooter, not seriously competitive, just for fun at my club. And I do have to watch my pennies. Pros and Cons?
Absolutly YES

I like all of the 8 shot, 357 Magnum revolvers from the 27/327/627 family

The Performance Center models offer features and configurations that are not available on production guns.

The small price premium on these firearms is far less than if you took an existing revolver to a custom smith and had the work done after manufacturing

For plate shooting, you might look at the 327 TRR8. This revolver is built on a Scandium frame with a tensioned barrel. The Scandium sheds 10+ ounces off the Big N-frames weight and the tensioned barrel delivers that old Legendary Dan Wesson accuracy

As with any mechanical product, it is not possible to produce 100% perfect firearms 100% of the time no matter what the MSRP might be. There is always going to be a lemon now and then. You will often hear from a buyer that got one of the lemons and wants the whole world to know about it, in any thread they can find a listener.

Last edited by colt_saa; 02-01-2016 at 04:27 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: