View Single Post

Old 02-07-2016, 05:51 PM

Liked 425 Times in 235 Posts

In the last couple years, me and my best shooting buddy have both run a few boxes of Perfecta, with no issues. We've shot 9mm, 223, and .45acp.
Lately, I've been checking my local Wal-marts for more of the Federal aluminum 9mm that I've been real happy with, and runs $9.97 a box, but it's been a little scarce lately.
I'm freindly with the guys and gals that man the counters at my 2 favorite Wal-marts, and when I was leaning way over the counter trying to eyeball me some cheap 9mm, one girl told me she may have some Perfecta in the back, and that it was running cheaper than the Fed alu, and she went hunting it for me. I thanked her and said I'd be good for maybe a couple boxes.
She came back with six boxes, priced at under $10 after tax, which i thought was awesome, and I ended up grabbing 4 of them.
Well, for no good reason other than curiosity, I did an interwebz search for reviews on them later that night, and ran into all these hellacious complaints.
So, I checked the ammo for seating variations (it was fine), and the next day, I went and blasted a box just to double-check, and it ran flawlessly.
I've shot the stuff in a Glock 17, S&W Shield, Springfield 1911,Walther PPS, CZ452 bolt action, and maybe more, I forget, and my buddy's shot it in other stuff.
We can't figure out what all the grumbling is about. Our current theory is that there's just a whole bunch of limp-wristers out there !

Last edited by Mark IV; 02-07-2016 at 06:02 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: