View Single Post

Old 02-10-2016, 05:40 PM

Liked 560 Times in 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357-RevolverGuy View Post
That's a sweet looking 45 Johnnyflake. I've been debating whether I should jump in and try a new Charter Arms. I've never owned or shot an older or newer model. But I have held and inspected a few new Undercover 38's and one Bulldog at a local gun store and they all seem well made. I couldn't put my finger on it. They sort of remind me of a Ruger and a RIA put together. From what I understand the man who started Charter Arms use to work for Ruger. That explains some of the similarities.

I guess the real question is why hasn't S&W ever put out a 44 Spl J frame??? I wouldn't be looking elsewhere if they offered it.
Actually the man who started up Charter Arms, worked for Ruger, Colt and Hi Standard. I previously owned two Charter Arms .44spls way back in the day. I really loved them back then and fired thousands of rounds between the. That's back when I first started reloading as well. When they first came out with the 9mm and then the .40cal only a short time later, I knew, in my mind, that they would come out with a .45acp, and they did!

I agree that the Charter Arms handguns, tend to remind you on another handgun. For me, They have always reminded me of Ruger Handguns.

S&W is not a very innovative company. They use to make great handguns, but never took any risk in their designs. Now, after all their missed opportunities, at some form of innovation, they remain very basic and they now only make good handguns.