View Single Post

Old 02-11-2016, 03:33 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,895 Times in 2,554 Posts

I forgot to mention that before every session I make sure the scale is accurate with a 5 grain check weight, then take that off and put the empty pan on there, and make sure it is zeroed at zero.

As for electronic scale, I had one and it wasn't consistent enough. And the 7625 I am using drops dead on at 4.6 every time. Still, I'm in no rush so I weight every charge. The weights are already set to 4.6 so when I drop the powder into the pan and put it on the scale, it goes right to dead center. Yes, I know I am probably wasting time weighing every one, but it gives me peace of mind and I am in no rush.

Also, my loading bench is actually 2 right next to each other, so the green one is on the bench right next to the main one(they touch so it's only about 2 feet from the scale to the green block. Just a simple turn of the body. Never dropped one yet, but if I do, I'll just drop more powder.

As for double filling, until the powder is about to go into the case, they are primer side up, either in the block or the funnel. No chance of them having powder in them. When I go to dump I look into the case anyway to make sure it's empty.

As for Murphy's Law, those are rules I live by, and my last name IS Murphy!
The Following User Likes This Post: