View Single Post

Old 02-12-2016, 11:28 PM

Liked 29,255 Times in 13,833 Posts
Default You can thank......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth1 View Post
Regardless of what anyone says here there's a problem. Not so much with the RSA failing but the fact that there doesn't seem to be any readily available. I get the fact that things aren't perfect & sometimes there might be a part failure on anything. I bought a new Ford Taurus awhile back & had a tire problem (most likely due to the poor state of Michigan roads). I took my car in & was told they didn't have the correct tire in stock, but they'd have it that afternoon. They didn't tell me that they where to busy making cars & all the tires were going on new cars, but don't worry we'll get you a new tire when we can. I have a problem with any part not being available on a currently produced item-especially a wear part that has had past failures. Glock recommends replacing the RSA's in their pistols at regular intervals depending on round count and guess what you can buy them off Amazon. I bought a Shield last summer. Right now no problem, but I am sorry I didn't purchase another brand & will be selling it. It seems that S&W may be more concerned with making a million pistols. I'd feel differently if that OEM part were readily available. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't really care.
You can thank a concept called 'Just in time' delivery for that. The factory gets what it needs, when it needs it. No inventory. They've got to keep that line running. No time for your 'spare parts'.