View Single Post

Old 02-14-2016, 06:57 PM

Liked 40 Times in 5 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartonJager View Post
I am the proud owner of a 4.25" M&P Pro9. Keep in mind I am a novice hand gun shot. I am also right handed. To gat a idea of the guns accuracy, I shot it off a rest and sand bags at 20 yards (max distance of my rifle clubs indoor range and it's only in the 20s by me right now in NW Indiana) and was treated to nice silver dollar sized to POA groups. A nice surprise for a novice shooter such as I. In short I love the gun.

I bought it as a economical fun range gun, but also to compete in IDPA. I have began the learning process of becoming a good shot with it and have encountered the trigger induced low and left POI that the M&P FS's are known for.

If I use a isometric style of holding the gun tightly I get acceptable groups for a shooter of my level of capabilities devoid of the low and left problem, but if I loose concentration on my trigger pull even a little my accuracy instantly reflects it with groups low and left.

I have determined the majority of the cause for my low and left POI is my M&P Pro's trigger pull, as I am having a difficult time always reading it so to speak. Or simply stated during actual off hand firing, while pulling the trigger slowly, I often can't tell based on trigger feed back when the trigger is going to fire the gun.

As I see it I have one of two options, continue to learn the trigger as is by doing my dry fire drills and shooting it, or will replacing it with a Apex forward set trigger kit upgrade which includes a solid Glock like trigger to replace the M&Ps trigger that bends, help to solve some and hopefully most of my problem? At only $125 W/S&H if it solves some or most my trigger induced low and left problem it will pay for itself in saving me the cost of extra ammo to learn the trigger.

And let us not forget about the instant gratification factor we humans love to love.

Thanks,
Arthur.
Had basically the same problems as you, M&P 9L, went with the complete Apex upgrade (aluminum curved forward set trigger)switched to ESP and have never looked back. Alot more fun when the hole in that target appears where you wanted it to . And now my red flatty trigger should be delivered tues along with the red slide cap and the red lettering highlights I will be looking cool,, lol