View Single Post

Old 02-14-2016, 09:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 8,688 Times in 2,312 Posts

Ok thanks for all your input. I will probably go 2 directions. An M1 or Ruger and an M&P 10 or other AR10 platform. Probably will do the AR10 platform 1st then maybe next year go for the M1. Chipper, I agree that for the AR platform..gas guns are simpler and lighter. but they are also less reliable under severe conditions just like the AR 15 is compared to the AK. They are technologically better, but for a war scenario not necessarily mpre reliable...meaning they have dirty gases impinging directly on the BCG. As long as there is time to keep clean its superior. JMO.. and I am not at war nor do I have plans to be.. so it's just an intellectual argument for my use personally. I digressed...alot Anyway I will do what I have done all my gun collecting life when I have a quandary like this.Get both... then sell the one I don't like IF that happens. Sometimes it does.. other times I still have both. A simple example would be a 10mm pistol vs a .45ACP.. I just bought them both and still like both and keep both. Again thanks for your input.. when I acquire one I will post pics.
John 1:17
NRA Life Benefactor