View Single Post

Old 03-02-2016, 10:34 AM

Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts

Crabo, I say if what you are doing works for you, then by all means go for it. I'm certainly no expert, but modifying a grip sounds like a reasonable solution to me. After all, isn't that why they make custom grips in the first place...to make the gun feel better in your hand? You're not changing the mechanics of how the gun fires, just how it fits your hand. For me, being a right handed shooter, I suffered the dreaded low and left when I first got my Shield. After some research into shooting technique and practice at the range, I found that the thumbs forward method works great for me (in other words, changing how I was holding the gun). Not only did it bring the pattern up and right, where it should have been to start with, but it tightened up my grouping considerably. I'm not quite blowing the bullseye out of the target just yet, but I am improving.This worked for both my Shield 40 and Bodyguard 380 at distances between 5 and 10 yards. But again, that is what worked for me and may not have the same result for everyone. Happy shooting.