View Single Post

Old 03-04-2016, 10:50 PM
US Veteran

Liked 586 Times in 217 Posts
Default 1013/4013 chronograph

Got a chance to run down to my range and do a little chrono test today as this thread had got me curious. So using the stock 4013 upper loaded with .40 caliber Winchester 155 grain Silvertips, 10 rounds fired, they had a average muzzle velocity of 1011.60 fps

Now, 2 minute presto-chango to using the 10mm upper with #22 recoil spring and updated ejector:
10mm 165gr Gold dots avg 1236.50 fps these were my loads, very close to Underwood 10mm spec.
10mm SiG 180gr FMJ avg 1195.75 fps pretty close to advertised velocity in a short barrel, very consistent best (hottest) factory loads I have found to date at a pretty decent non boutique price
Very managable, pushes like a .45acp +P, no issues with brass or primers however though the poor guys in the stall next to me I think got nosebleeds from the muzzle blast they wuz sure giving me that look, kinda like I was shootin a Mosin M44 inddoors, so I guess I wuz "that guy" today big sigh, I did let them shoot it some they liked it, so no permanent enemies made. It would be nice to take it out on a night shoot to see how bad muzzle flash is.
Only shot about 50 rounds of each for the 10mm. No issues it throws brass about 6 feet to my 4 o'clock I found all of what was shot. Now that in itself was pretty amazing as I always lose a few pieces. After I got home, I disassembled & cleaned to see how it looked over all. Doesn't seem to have any issues with the Wilson #22 Spring. Not a really an extensive test but I plan on shooting the 1014 a whole lot more, didn't get too much of an idea of the accuracy as I was trying to see where the brass was going and also trying not to shoot my chronograph on a breezy day. I did get to shoot a few for accuracy and was pleased with the potential from the few mags I shot.
6Actual out

Last edited by 6actual; 03-04-2016 at 10:52 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: