Thread: Fast Draw
View Single Post

Old 03-08-2016, 10:26 PM

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapworth View Post
Welcome to the forum, KYBHOTBS.

Could you tell us a little more about your training and experience such that you know unequivocally you can draw from concealment, get on target and send rounds faster than a trigger can be pulled once?

Scary experience. Glad everything turned out okay. Since you've elected to share your armed self-defense experience, a couple questions:

Could you tell us a little more about what prompted you -- after fending off two armed strangers from your home and successfully protecting your family -- to chase off into the night after the perps, compromising your tactical advantage as well as leaving your son and wife to their own defenses?

How were you able to see the one gunman in the dark at 60 yards pointing a gun at you before bringing your weapon light into play?

Did your shots hit their mark? If so, how'd the varmint rounds fair on a two-legged?

How did law enforcement treat you and the incident once determining you had aggressively pursued a fight even after the threat had retreated?
First I never said i could unequivocally out draw a already drawn firearm, I said I wasn't just going to stand there and not fight. I have used a handgun twice S&W M&P 9mm having only to fire one shot to stop the treat hits both times. The AR and varmint rounds are very nasty on a human being and yes all 3 shot hit there mark. My son is very well trained on the AR platform and also handguns. He has out shot everyone that has challenged him. Here in the state I live in I have every right to defend myself and love one inside or outside. If you know how to use darkness its your best concealment. Do you really need me to explain how I came from low ready and hit a target from only around 60 yards away (only reason I knew the distance was because I walked it off the next day ). How many 1000's of rounds have you put down range at night with a light or no light and still hit your target? Seems you missed the whole point of my post MINDSET and training. People read BS on these forums and take it for fact. Me I find out for myself what I can and can't do. Have you had your sights on a human being finger on the trigger and without a doubt in your mind you know you will pull the trigger? Will you fight through whatever is in your way to make sure you come out on top? Training lifelong. I could walk out my front door tomorrow and be shoot dead before I could react. But that is one of my training aspects, action is quicker than reaction. If you are ever in Ga and want to have a friendly competition day or night I have my on range here on my land. The term sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves is a lot older that the book Living with G Locks.