View Single Post

Old 03-10-2016, 03:00 PM

Liked 2,036 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
That is incorrect. Speer claims 860 fps from a 2" barrel and full expansion @800 fps..

I don't have my notes available right now but I do remember in a M638 that load exceeded advertised velocities. (same 1.875" barrel length)

Speer claims full expansion at 860 FPS here. http://www.speer-bullets.com/pdf/rel...a/38s135gd.pdf. If you have an information source where Speer claims otherwise, I hope you will provide it so I can take that up with Speer. When I contacted Speer to advise them of my velocity results and my concern with performance at that velocity, one thing they did NOT do was claim that it would perform reliably at that velocity range.
I bought this round with the intent of carrying it. When I realized it's performance may be compromised from certain guns, including mine, I believed you all deserved to be aware of that. The OP included his opinion. I included my relevant data, on which I formulated an opinion for my gun, which is a somewhat common barrel length. I realize everyone does not have a chrono, so the more published results, the better. This is a serious matter; people deserve relevant information.