View Single Post

Old 03-11-2016, 03:41 PM

Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

It's been a year, so I guess it's time to pick this thread back up again. Today I did a live chat with a representative at S&W and found out some good information.

After giving her the revolver's serial number she told me the correct front sight height for this model is .227. I was looking for a ramp, in any height like .219 or .227, but they are out of ramps in that range. I was told the .219 ramp is discontinued as well. She mentioned a the possibility of a .230 ramp, but when she double-checked discovered it was for the quick-change ramp system and wouldn't work with my revolver.

Ultimately, she found two .228 patridge sights, one with gold bead, the other without. She said they were only a few bucks so she'd send me one if Id like to try it out, free of charge. I said, "Who can argue with free?". I asked for the black one, and she included a few extra pins in case I want to go back to the half-moon.

While she was getting a tracking number for the order, I asked if she could tell me when the revolver was made, and she had it immediately: 17 March 2009. I laughed and said, "St. Patrick's Day?" and she confirmed. I said, well after I finish each trip to the range with it, I should probably have a Guinness. Her reply, "Cheers to that!".

I just wanted to pass along a great experience with a great company. Again, Thanks S&W!

Last edited by F_H; 03-11-2016 at 08:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: