View Single Post

Old 03-12-2016, 12:22 PM

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
I'm confused here. So these parts get installed in the slide, eliminating the decocker paddles. Ok, got that. Then the 4566TSW is STILL DA/SA??? How do you decock it after racking the slide to load it? With your thumb and forefinger letting the hammer down?

Or are you guys talking about carrying it around cocked and unlocked? What am I missing here? Thanks! Regards18DAI
I stated earlier in the Thread that this gun is EXCLUSIVELY for the Range. I don't even carry yet and when I do, it'll be with a smaller 9mm. I'll decock/unload it the same way I do with every other gun: point downrange, drop mag, rack slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasG View Post
Sounds like it 18DAI. I thought the mods would've already been all over this. Heck of a lot of liability to go around after the ND. I for one hope nobody's hurt, maimed, or killed.
I know the rules of gun safety, but thank you for the concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
Agree 100% that it reduces the "safety" of the pistol and admittedly it takes it outside of it's design. Many would argue that you should NEVER employ it in any manner of defense for the simple liability of having to explain (gasp!) that you willfully altered a safety feature.

-HOWEVER!-

Beyond that...
Are ya guys kidding with us here?
You cannot seriously believe this is dangerous... really?

You'd now have to decock the pistol in the same exact way you'd decock a 1911. Or any revolver or ANY semiauto ever built that has an exposed hammer and no decock lever of some sort.

A 3rd Gen with SA/DA operation and no decocker is not at all an "unsafe" handgun unless/until it is in the hands of a fool.

Anybody care to have an adult discussion on how some ADDED safety features incidentally promote POOR gun handling?
Thanks.
The Following User Likes This Post: