View Single Post

Old 03-12-2016, 04:50 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHL View Post
I appreciate your post and respect your opinion.

I don't profess to be an expert when it comes to the Model of 1911, but no less an expert than Jim Wilson, writing in the March 26, 2015 edition of the American Rifleman had this to say about Condition 2: "I have found it to be the best way for me to prepare my 1911 for placing it on the nightstand at bedtime."

Your thoughts?

John
John - The exact quote you reference is as follows:

Quote:
"While I don't know of any agency or defensive school that uses this as a carry method, I have found it to be the best way for me to prepare my 1911 for placing it on the nightstand at bedtime. I have to be fully awake in order to remember that I need to cock the hammer before investigating a possible threat that has awakened me."
American Rifleman | Conditions of Readiness for the 1911 Pistol

Read some of the on-line comments to the article and you'll appreciate a bit more of the safety controversy re: Condition 2. Would I do what he recommends and for the reason he says he recommends it? No. For a variety of reasons, it just doesn't apply to me and my situation. Not now, not ever.

Beyond that, I'm sorry I posted anything in this thread. I should have stayed the Hell out of it as my gut had told me. Live and learn.
The Following User Likes This Post: