View Single Post

Old 03-13-2016, 05:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust25 View Post
Has anyone had problems with the new Body Guard 380? I maybe the only one but there seems to be a problem with the slide locking pin. I cleaned mine before taking it to the range for the first time. Shot 46rounds without a hitch. On the 47th, the slide lock pin fell out and the slide, with a live round in the barrel, fell onto the shooting table. Cleaned it again and reset the locking pin as per manual. Tried it again. Pin fell out with the slide on the 7th shot. My dealer tried it and had the same problem on his 3 shot. Sent it back for repair. When returned, same problem. Locking pin keeps falling out. It's back in S&W shop for further repair.

It seems to happen more often with rapid fire. I don't think that the retaining spring is stiff enough, nor is the spring indent in the locking pin deep enough, to hold the pin in the lock position as the slide moves back and forth.

Any comments from other Body Guard 380 users?

Thanks in advance.
i know this post is old, but i just bought a s&w 380 bodygaurd yesterday, 3-12-16 didnt play with it much, went straight to the firing range put a clip in it and shot 2 rounds , the slide with barrel flew off with bullet still in it, spring went flying, lock pin everything just kind of blew to ****. the back end of the slide bent inward and cracked so now it wont even go on the gun. maybe i should have broke it down and put it back together before i shot it? maybe my fault some how, i dont know im kinda new at this shooting stuff but it was quite shocking ill send it in to get fix but im kind of scared to shoot it now even after it gets fixed!