View Single Post

Old 03-16-2016, 12:57 PM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
Unless I am misunderstanding the article, she wasn't in her home and the burglar was climbing out the window attempting to get away. So, while I believe in the right to defend oneself, I also think the argument might be made that she was in no danger until she voluntarily chose to put herself in jeopardy by confronting the burglar.
Well... if she wasn't in the home, had she gone around back to first see if anyone had broken in her home? And if so, at that moment had the criminal come out the back window and confronted her?

Generally, I'm not much for defining someone who is on their own property as the one 'confronting' the criminal. The way I see these things is that the moment the criminal decided to break into the home I view him as the aggressor, period. I believe castle laws and stand your own ground come from that general sentiment.

IMO, the family of the criminal should be apologizing to the homeowner and asking forgiveness on behalf of the criminal, not pursuing prosecution of the homeowner who has been victimized by their kin.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-16-2016 at 01:27 PM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: