View Single Post

Old 03-18-2016, 04:30 PM

Liked 41 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveragEd View Post
I agree with Frank. It is possible with some hand-fit rimfire guns that the firing pin may stop just short of contacting the chamber with no shell in place but on most regular production line pieces, that's a by-chance thing - more of an accident than by design. I save some fired cases and use them if I want to dry-fire any of my rimfire handguns or rifles.

Ed
Good points made by AveragEd and frankcr. Following the several threads on the SW22 Victory for a while now, owners seem to have had variable experiences with jamming using different brands of ammunition, not to mention dissimilar experiences with the loosening bolt and, we all share shotguntom's and other's frustration with their production defects. I feel fortunate to have experienced only one jam, and that with my first round of standard velocity CCI after shooting 50 or so rounds of AutoMatch without incident. The next 99 rounds of CCI cycled through smoothly. No problems at all with some really old Winchester Super-Speed and more AutoMatch. No bolt loosening, either. My gun's accuracy is much better than my ability to take full advantage of it, at least so far.
My point is that there might be enough production line variability between guns that extra caution is justified until we each know whether our individual guns can be dry fired or not. Certainly, using a spent case or a drywall anchor or a snap cap is the prudent choice for me.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: