View Single Post

Old 03-19-2016, 07:34 AM

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Update:

Please note that I have been away from semi-automatics for many years, almost 40 years now. But, it's never too late to make a change.

I traded my two M&P 9c pistols for two M&P 45c pistols and I now have manual safeties. Visited the range today and shot about 100 rounds through each pistol. Nice. Very nice.

The trade-off here was firepower, i.e. 12 round mags for 8 round mags. However, this trade-off is balanced out by moving up to a .45acp from the 9mm. I do favor the larger caliber and I laid in a supply of Remington "Golden Sabre" 230g. JHP for duty use. Over the years there has been a lot of improvement in handgun ammunitions and again, very nice. About 950fps at the launch with impressive expansion upon the primary target. Over-penetration and threat to secondary target is greatly reduced, the 9mm is still a bit too hot for my needs, i.e. "urban development", if you get my point.

Problem I am facing now is magazine capacity. S&W advertises 8 round mags, and they are so marked. But, I cannot load more than 7 rounds in any of the supplied mags. Will this improve as time passes?

If I purchase more "genuine S&W" mags from eBay, will I have the same problem?

What color mag spring should I look for?

The discussion over a MD is closed, IMHO. It has already saved my life in a fight over my gun. Anyone who has not fought to that extent, save your breath. Anyone who thinks it cannot happen to you, think again. Those of us who carry a handgun in the line of duty know one thing. There is a gun at every call. If you try to take mine, don't expect to be home for dinner.

Help on magazine capacity for the M&P 45c is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Y'all be safe.