View Single Post

Old 03-28-2016, 06:40 AM

Liked 13,557 Times in 3,338 Posts
Default 1921 Parker 12 gauge.

A few weeks ago my wife got me in trouble by talking me into putting a 1921 Parker Trojan on layaway at a local shop. I told a long boring story then, so I won't go into it again.

We got it out last week and took it home. It looked even better than I remembered. I was pretty much convinced it had been refinished, but when I posted my rather poor pictures on the Parker forum, a couple of members said they didn't think it had been other than having had the color case hardening on the receiver polished off. They said the blue and wood both look original, but the jury is still out on that. It doesn't matter to me either way. It looks pretty good I think.

The Trojan was Parker's entry level gun made to be sold at hardware stores and such. The barrels are 28", fluid steel, with 2 3/4" chambers. The chokes are modified and full. It just snaps to my shoulder. I would have loved to have this back when I still hunted.

I did a little checking around and have found a sporting clays range not to far from me. My wife and I drove out there yesterday to make sure where it was. I didn't expect them to be open, but now I know where they are, and that they're still there. I'm going to try to get out there this or next week one afternoon. Maybe this fall, I'll find a dove field to try for an afternoon or two.

I might even wear a tie.
John 3:16 .

Last edited by CajunBass; 03-28-2016 at 07:08 AM.
The Following 19 Users Like Post: