View Single Post

Old 04-01-2016, 03:34 PM

Liked 55 Times in 29 Posts

Folks,

Well, I got some GREAT news today regarding the "Hush Puppy" pistol project. Just spoke with my gunsmith. After he reviewed the plans and checked the numbers, he stated he could make the slide lock parts from pre-hardened 4140 material for a price of only $ 300.00!!! Given this part is custom made by hand, that is actually pretty reasonable in cost. My gunsmith also stated he can build the extended type elevation screw for the rear sight for only $ 50.00, again a reasonable cost given the custom-made nature of these parts...

A friend of mine. who is a Philadelphia cop. is much further along the path to completion than I, so his pistol will probably be done first. I hope with all my posts, that a few of you will also have a replica "Hush Puppy" made for yourselves, whether the 39-2 or the 59 style...

The ONLY parts left to go now are the barrel cap and the back end cap plug. I am waiting to hear back from the ATF regarding a ruling on the recess at the front end of the faux Mark 3 Mod 0 suppressor. We are in the home stretch...

I put up a few pics of the slide lock and the PDF of the rear sight wings, with the needed elevation screw for you perusal...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slidelock parts.jpg (60.6 KB, 55 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mk22mod0rearsight.pdf (146.9 KB, 101 views)