View Single Post

Old 04-02-2016, 03:49 PM

Liked 42 Times in 26 Posts

Are you aware that you can count the folks who die of venomous snake bite a year on one hand in America?
I've kept Cobras, rattlers, gaboon vipers so I'm well aware of the potential danger which is basically zero if you aren't trying to kill them. Your more likely to get impaled on a tree limb going to kill these wonderful creatures than to get bit and die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
Because rattlers, moccasins etc are freaking DANGEROUS!. Those *******s are like a 3yr old with an armed nuclear weapon. They can maim and kill creatures that they cannot eat. Overkill.

The numbers of people they kill in the US is not high but the number who suffer badly mutilated limbs and other disabilities is high.

Are you aware these monsters are mutating with their venom? Some are changing from hemotoxic to neurotoxic? How does an ER know what to use?

Do you realize that because of the cost of anti venom, a snake bite can result in an ER bill of $100,000 or more? BTW, the ER cost wasn't my wild guess, it came from a neighbor who is an MD. For a stinking snake??

A bull snake does everything in vermin control that a rattler does but is harmless to man or pets.

I'll kill every rattler I can see if I have the means to do so. Killed two on my property in the past year. Good riddance to them.

I should add that I LIKE non venomous snakes. We had a neat moss green with yellow stripes snake near the house, bright red tongue. Unfortunately, it left, never saw it again. Don