View Single Post

Old 04-03-2016, 12:50 AM
US Veteran

Liked 7,024 Times in 2,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrifleman View Post
Sadly, I have been the victim of the good hands people. One of their insured crossed the line, hit me head on, nearly killed me. I died twice on the medivac. Because their policy holder had a stroke at some time after the accident, they tried to deny my claim by stating that the accident was the result of an act of God.
Been down the same road with the same people, only not as painful as yours. In the 70's, they paid off the guy who did the same thing to me. He sued me, hoping to scare me off and attach some liability on my part. Rather than go to court, they gave him money and then refused to replace my car, offering a cash settlement of less than half the replacement cost. While that fight was ongoing, they dropped me for "non-payment of premium". I told them I was going out of the country, kept just the comprehensive, put my new car on jack stands in a garage while I was out of the country, and they mailed the premium notice to someone with my name but a different address. When I came home, no insurance. They refused to reinstate and had dinged my credit report. Welcome home from the good hands people.
I'm so sorry for what happened to you; it's a really bad deal.

BTW, thanks for bring up the issue of the insurance. It's been on and off the stove for me for a while now. The recent shooting of that poor Virginia State Trooper brought it back to the front burner. I've been in that bus terminal, in the coffee shop many times to pick up someone.
The Following User Likes This Post: